30 March 2020

An Elegy

And then she asked
dumbstruck,
Do you really wanna to marry me ?
Are you sure
your destiny  wanna  ferry me ?

He smiled reassuringly 
Yes !!certainly, My lady love!
 for sure
 I am struck by your  beauty
 but  you are kind 
 caring 
and a bit lonely, my lovely dove !

But.... but ....
you know me not !
She cried !!
I do ... 
though a little ...
He sighed !

Though I donot lie 
but I hide the truth !
O Leave it, my lady
for its love, 
and love is sooth!

and they tied wedlock 
on a wilful night 
but the sinister fate 
took another plight 

And then began 
a painful spiel 
when she  threw open  
 her hideous wounds 
that were 
always in veil !


shocked  dismayed 
repulsive he felt  
 filled with contempt 
with her he dealt !

She bid him 
adieu goodbye
promised him 
that she would never 
cross by !


In silence 
profusely she bled 
in part and whole 
Through her  Wounded
mind  body and soul 

Yet with her warm eyes 
and   heart of lead   
she lives a life  
in the city of dead !


with the folded hands 
she kneels and prays 
Lord!!  Show  your light
when all is dark and gray !!
She pray to HIM
Please Heal me Lord !
O protect O protect  
from the untoward !!

May Lord be Praised !

















No comments: